37signals has launched its latest application called Writeboard. And just as many people guessed, it is based on the idea of a wiki. However, Writeboard is only one-page long, which doesn’t seem all that helpful at first glance. But after reading their starter list of ideas, I think there are many ways that an individual or organization could benefit from using it.
Here are a few reasons to give Writeboard a spin around the block:
- It’s free.
- You can create as many of them as you want.
- It’s accessible anywhere you can get online.
- It can be shared with as many or as few people as you want.
- It keeps a history of all changes.
- You can mark versions you think are keepers.
- A visual cue on the history list indicates how major a change was.
- It’s integrated with Backpack
If you’d like to try out Writeboard, I set one up called Sundog Writeboard Sandbox (password: password) that you can play around with. Enjoy!